This is our honest, independent review of Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel and Innerspring Mattress. This is a relatively cheap mattress for those of you that wants cooling comfort of gel memory foam and softness of innerspring mattress.
Though memory foam mattresses have amazing performance, there are some people who still want to sleep on a softer mattress. For several years, consumers have demanded for a hybrid mattress that can provide both the benefits of memory foam and innerspring mattresses. Finally, Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is here. This is a great choice for those people who are looking for a mattress that is soft and supportive. This mattress is also endowed with temperature-regulating capacity.
Product Characteristics and Specs
- Materials: The bottom layer is made up of 13-gauge steel coils that are separately wrapped. These coils adjust to the body’s contour. The mattress’ box top layer is composed of versatile polyurethane gel foam that is certified by the CertiPUR-US.
- Sizes: The dimension of the mattress is 80 x 60 x 14 and its weight is 106lbs.
- Thickness: The total thickness of the mattress is 14 inches. It comprises the following layers: 1-inch gel-infused memory foam, .25-inch comfort foam, .5-inch comfort foam, 1-inch gel memory foam, 2-inch comfort foam, .75-inch comfort foam, and an 8-inch support layer of separately wrapped coils.
- Comfort: The pouched coils and the gel-infused memory foam provide sleepers with enough comfort. The pouched coils minimize motion transfer and the gel-infused memory foam offers medium firmness and maintains the coolness of the mattress by pulling away body heat.
- Durability: Since this mattress is created out of excellent craftsmanship and high-quality materials, the company confidently offers a warranty of 10 years.
- Safety: The mattress is voluntarily tested and analyzed in an independent laboratory and is certified by the CertiPUR-US. It is also packed using the Smart Packaging system. This way, the overall environmental footprint is reduced during the shipping process.
- Age and Weight Limit: Even though there is no specified weight indicated in this mattress, many customers who weigh more than 210lbs are satisfied with this product. They claimed that it supported their body well.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- You can enjoy the firmness of memory foam and the softness of innerspring mattresses, thereby providing you enough support and comfort.
- This mattress has cool gel memory foam layers that pull away body heat and maintain the coolness of the mattress, thus allowing sleepers to experience comfort as they sleep.
- The mattress is also embellished with beautifully patterned quilted pillow-top knit cover that has corded edges and matching sides. The cover also adds to the mattress’ breathability.
- The mattress is well compressed in a long box for easy shipping and installation. It can even be easily transported in apartment buildings and other places that have narrow passageways.
- The company offers a warranty of 10 years. This gives customers the confidence that they are purchasing a long-lasting and high-quality product.
- A few buyers reported that the mattress can not be flipped. Though the company offers a guarantee, most consumers prefer to rotate the mattress in a regular manner to evenly distribute the wear and tear portions.
- Some customers claimed that the mattress is too firm for them. However, this issue was resolved. Most of them have adjusted to the mattress’ firmness after a few nights of sleeping on it.
- Several consumers reported that the bed does not expand to its maximum thickness after opening the packaging. But after two days, it rose up to its maximum size.
The Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is designed to let sleepers experience the comforting and cooling benefits of gel memory foam, minus the added firmness. It is the best option for people who want to experience the cooling capacity of gel memory foam and the softness of an innerspring mattress. The Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress truly allows customers to have restful sleep each night.
The consumers are unanimous in their comments that the Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is a product that has similar benefits to other memory foam products, minus the extra firmness. Some customers who are already familiar with high-end memory foam products such as the Tempur-Pedic said that it is softer but still has the capacity to adjust to the body’s contour. Most of the buyers recommend placing the mattress over a box spring foundation. It also works well with other standard bed frames.
Some customers complained about the weight of the mattress. Some also said that it quickly sprang open after opening the package. Customers should ask for assistance in carrying the mattress package and make sure to step back to let the mattress unfurl. If gaps between the mattress and bed are evident, customers should wait for up to 24 hours for the mattress to fully expand. The mattress is also endowed with straps on its base for easy lifting. Although some buyers noticed an unpleasant odor, most of them claimed that the odor dissipates after a few hours after installation.
Our Final Thoughts
It is well known that memory foam mattresses has the tendency to cause pressure point buildup, thereby causing pain and discomfort. The Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is intentionally designed to provide sleepers with support and comfort, minus the added firmness. This mattress is sold at an affordable price, but you can still experience the benefits of memory foam and innerspring mattresses.