We provide our honest, unbiased Lady Americana Mattress reviews for 4 different models here. Lady Americana, as it is obvious from its name, is an American company that is dedicated to providing durable and comfortable mattresses at low prices. Based on a 2002 sleep study that is published in The Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, a bedding system produced by Lady Americana alleviated chronic back, spine, and shoulder pain of the 22 subjects. The pain was reduced by more than 50%, and it enhanced the sleep quality of subjects by more than 50% as well. How does this past study be applied to the current situation? Will the mattresses that are produced nowadays offer a similar level of ache and pain relief and turning and tossing reduction? This guide will show you why Lady Americana is a one-of-a-kind mattress. We also provide some answers to common questions of mattress customers.
Lady Americana Company
The company has been around since 1982. This brand was founded in Oklahoma. It started with its humble beginnings until it grew exponentially. They originally specialized in producing traditional innerspring mattresses, when memory foam was not yet popularized. Recently, Lady Americana provides a state-of-the-art mattress design that is made up of springs for support and foam inserts for stability and comfort. High-quality materials such as cashmere and bamboo were also integrated into the mattress.
How is Lady Americana different from other mattress brands?
Lady Americana mattress models look similar to other innerspring mattress brands. But if you take a look at them closely, you may notice that these products are made by awesome craftsmen and made from high-quality materials. Their recent models come with amazing spring technologies, ventilated foam layers, and cashmere covers supported by bamboo fibers. Those features make the mattresses aesthetically presentable, comfortable, and supportive. The company is proud to produce mattresses that are of high quality and luxurious. At an inexpensive price, you can certainly have restful sleep.
Although there are companies who also make high-quality products, their price ranges are much higher than the Lady Americana products.
Is Lady Americana mattress worth the price?
There is no mattress that offers a one-size-fits-all solution—it is only the customers who know what will meet their unique needs and preferences. The prices of Lady Americana mattresses lean toward the higher end of affordable, and it is only you who can say whether it is worth it or not.
We believe that the designs, high-quality materials, and innovative features (individually pocketed coils, for example, make their innerspring models comfortable and supportive) are worth the price. It is better to spend a little more than choose those bargain mattress brands.
A high price is not an assurance that you will receive a product that is of high quality. This is not the case of Lady Americana. The price of each Lady Americana model reflects the high-quality materials used. Only you can tell whether or not these products will meet your needs and preferences.
Top 4 Lady Americana Mattress Reviews
Although this model is included in their Bronze collection and is not anymore produced by the company, you can still purchase the Renoir model in both online and physical stores. It features a wrapped coil design, which is the same as the recent Lady Americana models. Together with the wrapped coils are a strong base layer and luxurious and detailed stitching.
- It is made up of environmentally friendly and durable materials wrapped with an elegantly designed proprietary cover
- It contains encased coils that make the mattress stable and soft
- It has great motion isolation property (when your sleeping partner moves or usually experiences tossing and turning during the night, you will not be disturbed by his or her movements)
- It is highly discounted since this is an old model
- It has an innerspring design that promotes proper ventilation, which is ideal for hot sleepers
- It is considered an affordable option if you want to experience the elegant and stable spring feature of the current Lady Americana models
- It is firmer than the current models, making it a great choice for stomach sleepers. This may not be suitable for side or back sleepers.
- It does not feature recent technologies like aerated foam
- standard batting still provides comfort but does not offer enough pressure point alleviation.
- It does not include the features that most customers are looking for these days like the cooling gel and comfort foam layers.
For those who want to experience the stable support of the innerspring structure and the great softness of memory foam, it is worth it to purchase the Zoe model. Wrapped with cashmere and mesh covers and composed of wrapped coils and gel-infused foam, this mattress provides sleepers with a cool and comfortable sleeping surface. Hybrid mattresses certainly provide the advantages of both worlds: the support and stability of the innerspring structure and the pressure point alleviation capacity and contouring comfort of memory foam. These models have greater ventilation capacity than traditional memory foam models. Choose the Zoe mattress if you want to experience the quality and benefits that Lady Americana popularly offers.
- It is made up of 2-inch memory foam and 2-inch high-density transition foam on top of wrapped innerspring bottom structure
- has medium firmness, making it suitable for all types of sleepers such as combination, stomach, and back sleepers
- It is wrapped with an elegant and soft quilted cashmere cover that has mesh spacer fabric underneath that adds to the breathability of the mattress.
- It features a steel perimeter that maintains the shape of the mattress and prevents side sinking, which is common to hybrid and foam models
- It is a bit more expensive than other models
The Arial model is made up of all-foam materials, which is perfect for side sleepers or those who prefer to use an extremely soft mattress. It offers stable support and great motion isolation property. Added to that is the elegant and detailed design that can be found in the Elite collection. If you want to experience the luxury and comfort of a hotel bed, choose this model. Although it does not contain the spring structure that most hotel beds have, it still provides the same softness as those hospitality bed models, making its price a bit higher. Lady Americana has produced this all-foam model with ventilation features and gel to counterpart the high heat retention level of memory foam without compromising the comfort level. This model leans more towards the soft side, making it suitable for side sleepers. The flexibility of the latex base makes it more supportive and resilient, which stomach sleepers will also enjoy.
- Is made up of 1-inch gel-infused foam, 1-inch standard memory foam, and 5.5-inch latex base foam that features an open-channel structure, which promotes proper ventilation
- Is wrapped with a cover that is made up of silk and wool, which makes the mattress luxurious, comfortable, moisture-free, and resistant to allergens, bacteria, and dust
- Has almost the same features with the Lady Americana hotel and hospitality collections
- Is embellished with a contemporary quilted design, making it compatible with thick foam top (in contrast to the delicate quilting on traditional models with less top padding/firmer texture)
- has open-channel latex base layer, which does not offer enough ventilation, especially for hot sleepers. Dense foam mattresses are cooler than latex.
The Greco model has basic features like the tufted button quilting and innerspring structure, which can also be found in pre-memory-foam mattress models. However, you can still experience modern comfort with this mattress. It features foam-wrapped springs and proprietary Coolmax foam batting, which make it soft, supportive, and efficient in combating heat retention. As another affordable choice, the Greco model provides stable support for those who want a firm sleeping surface and would prefer to get away with the recent memory-foam craze. It has enough cushioning technology that makes the mattress conform to the shape of the spines and hips. This mattress is not ideal for side sleepers. If you prefer an overly soft mattress, this may not be a good choice for you. This mattress may need extra pillow tops.
- Has a standard design but integrates modern technology
- Has great motion isolation property
- Is comfortably firm, which is great for back and stomach sleepers
- Is a bit old model
- although it is not anymore manufactured, it is still covered with the warranty and can be bought at a discounted price
- Is not made up of memory foam, which makes the sleeping surface cool, but does not provide enough support that many customers are looking forward to experience
- May not be ideal for side sleepers
Tips to improve the lifespan of a mattress
Stomach sleepers need a firm sleeping surface, side sleepers need soft, and back sleepers, medium firm. It also depends on the preferences of the sleepers, since there are individuals who cannot sleep on a particular mattress even though it is the recommended mattress for their sleeping position.
There are also other factors that you need to take into account. These include health status, age, allergies, and sleeping partner. There are times that couples have to select models that are not perfectly fit for themselves but compatible enough for both of them to have a refreshing and restful sleep. Aside from that, there are a few tips that you can do to maintain your mattress in good condition and lengthen its lifespan:
- Do not replace your mattress even though it was used for a long time. High-quality mattresses usually have a longer lifespan compared to those that are made up of substandard materials. Rather than counting the mattress age, it would be better to assess your sleeping pattern and quality using your current mattress. Have you noticed that your sleep quality has decreased? Have you observed sag or sink? Are you having pressure points?
- Ensure that you are using a bed frame that is compatible with your mattress. Although innerspring are compatible with slatted foundations and box springs, foam models require solid foundations. The appropriate bed foundation will prevent your mattress from distorting itself or sagging over the years.
- Lessen the use of your bed. This doesn’t imply that you should reduce your sleeping hours or refrain from sexual activities. If you often read a book or watch TV for a few hours prior to sleep, you will certainly wear down your bed quickly. This is absolutely true for those who are using their bed rather than a couch.
- If you don’t have a mattress protector, better get one. This protects your mattress from sweat and oils, which can gradually damage the interior construction of your bed. It also guards your bed against allergens and undesirable odors.
- Wash your bedding materials at least once or twice a week. Loose hair, dead skin, crumbs, and sweat are some of the unpleasant stuff that we leave behind in our beds as we wake up each day. These things need to be cleaned out regularly to prevent the growth of bacteria and the accumulation of dust.
- Regularly flip your mattress as much as possible. There are a few mattresses like those with foam tops or a built-in pillow that can only be rotated. It is best to rotate or flip your mattress at least 2 to 6 times each year. If your weight or your partner’s weight is more than average, flip or rotate your mattress more often to prevent sinking.
- Clean your mattress as necessary according to the company’s instructions or vacuum it at least once a month.
When a mattress is properly cared for, its lifespan could extend by many years, and it can offer a higher level of comfort than those mattresses that are traditionally treated or those that are not treated at all.
Remember to care for your mattress just as you care for other things inside your home: make ways to protect it, maintain its cleanliness, and religiously follow care instructions.
If you are in the market for a classic mattress brand, consider Lady Americana. This mattress line is easier to find in physical showrooms and stores than online. Although their mattresses are made up of luxurious materials, you can buy this at an affordable price. Customers love the luxurious stitch designs, the modified spring structure, and the beautiful blend of classic and contemporary designs. Whether you want all-foam, innerspring, or hybrid mattress models, Lady Americana provides a wide range of mattresses that meet your needs and preferences.
This all-American manufacturer distributes mattresses in hotels all over the country and even worldwide, from Marriott, and Holiday Inn, to Amway Grand Plaza. What is more interesting is that they integrate those suite-worthy features into their consumer mattress models, thereby allowing customers to feel as if they are on a vacation each night.